Friday, May 27, 2016

So much for carry-ons

Hello beautiful people! It's me again. And this is my luggage. Did you know that my checked bag cannot be more than 50lbs? Am I screwed? Maybe so. I have to utilize my roommate bathroom scale tonight to find out.
So you might notice that the title of my blog is still DeliainThailand and I am in fact not going to Thailand. But I didn't want to make a new blog so I decided this will be the title of my travel blog forever and ever. Tim pointed out to me that if I wanted to rename it, it could be called Prague Blog, which is damn catchy. So every time you look at this, pretend it's called 'Prague Blog.' And then pretend I came up with that myself. I fly out tomorrow afternoon but between my need to hit the gym before hand and Super Shuttle's need to pick my ass up three hours before my flight, I will be left very little time to write.
So this will look the same as last time. I'll chronicle my travel and my witty musing about the meaning of it all. I decided since I write when I travel and this blog contributed to the chapbook length project that came out off the Thailand trip, that I would periodically include excerpts from that manuscript, just for shits and giggles. And this way, even though I am sure I will go on to receive the requisite number of rejection letters from presses that really appreciate me 'allowing them to spend time with my manuscript' but nonetheless can not choose it for their contest/journal/time capsule, I am at least guaranteed to have a few captive readers right here. Yes that is a quote from a rejection email I received this week.
For some reason, the blog is freezing so I will make this short. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Did I come up with that? My, I'm witty ;-)

    I bought a luggage weighing thing at Cole Hardware, they're cheap. I can loan it to you next time. It helped me pack my bicycle, as the case with everything in it was just a hair over 50 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I come up with that? My, I'm witty ;-)

    I bought a luggage weighing thing at Cole Hardware, they're cheap. I can loan it to you next time. It helped me pack my bicycle, as the case with everything in it was just a hair over 50 pounds.

    ReplyDelete