Thursday, June 13, 2019

Reaching the end :(

I am writing this post rather than work on submissions because I find submitting unpleasant. I am aware that this just means I'll be doing it later, likely tomorrow, after I return home, and am sleep deprived.
After breakfast, after it stopped pouring, I went to one of the Eslite book stores.

This one is a few floors, although the main bookstore is on the second floor and is open 24hours. The other floors contain other merchants, but also a stationery section with tons of journals, pens and... stationery. I immediately picked out two more journals, which is why I went. I waited until 11am to see what they had downstairs, but everything either did not meet my journal requirements or was expensive. So the two Eslite 30th Anniversary journals it is.
Their cafe was also very expensive so I went to the Starbucks downstairs and wrote for a while.
As planned, I went back to Herban Kitchen and Bar for lunch/brunch and was pleased when I realized it was two blocks away from the store. The restaurant is very cute. I ordered Moussaka. It was yummy.


For whatever reason, I got a stomach ache almost immediately. But I planned to return to the Ximen area (where my first hotel was) to get another pair of those earring and some kind of food item to bring to work on Monday. The stomach ache was off and one and I was determined to get the remainder of my shopping done.
After that, I came back to this neighborhood, grabbed one last souvenir and walked back here to my hotel. By this time, I was pretty uncomfortable.
So here I am. I have been in my hotel room for about three hours now, checking my Duotrope email for presses to submit to, listening to my friend Jason's podcast, knitting and periodically checking the movie channels to see if they put on anything good. (They have not.)
I am going to venture out in the rain now to get more take out from Ooh Cha Cha, and return and remain in my room doing much of the same. I have faith I'll fit everything I bought in my luggage; maybe my coworkers will be eating squashed mochi on Monday. My alarm goes off at 5:30am.
It's been a good trip. I'm glad I got a couple of day trips in and that I got to feel grounded in Taipei.
Thanks for reading. I'll see you soon, on the other hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment