Monday, August 21, 2017

No sleep, slightly better wifi

In my usual travel-abroad fashion, the first night I slept like the dead. And tonight I've been awake since 1am. It's now about 4:30am and I'm about the junk the entire sleep-monday-night project entirely. I thought I would try to share a piece (in progress) from my Prague project. Hope the formatting works:



LIFE                                                   ART
Hair in a bandana                                        Sutures this mouth kiss
for writers to procrastinate                       All babies feed off one
to avoid an                                           empty belly
unfortunate connection between              trains
bandanas and pubic hair                           I’ll crush you
to avoid failure      all little army men
I stumbled into                                      Satan vs pervert
the Astronomical clock’s bigger than your
unreliable wifi war facade
and economic                                        bubblegum horses for
Texans sharing the Trojan 
short stay apartment breakfast catapult
A challenge is   a skull like a stopper
threatening  to self serving a peach umbilical cord to
esteem not  the messiah on Mars with
damp sweaty sandals no eyelids
for learning an extra sheepish
opportunity reading a penis like tea
the smokers still leave
(look) like smokers breasts like
stomach stings from                               a telescopes opens like
nougatty                                                 babies with switchblades 
techno became musak in their bonnets
I waited for them to turn to blob-fish
afternoon staying in                                   like spun glass
the tourist area                                       creepy sausage
my head smells                                      in the drawers 
lost in the road system of my fat rolls
I’m tired of cleaning myself                   with bleeding forks

Ok the formatting got a little jacked up but it's meant to be read in columns or straight across.
I am hoping to find a way to write towards my projects that doesn't always involve me getting up at 5am. When we do our workshopping, she gives us writing prompts, and although these things are always open, it's difficult for me to settle in the headspace of what I want to write when I've been given instructions to write something else.
Oh, apropos of absolutely nothing, I get a foot massage today. Yay!!
I also had a rather sweet conversation with the woman running this retreat- she asked me why I was so hungry and I had to explain that because I work out a lot, I tend to need more food than.... well some other people. (and the emergency Clif Bars I packed are, you guessed it, in my lost luggage). She told me to tell the chef to give me more food. I haven't had the nerve to do it yet. I heard my luggage, with my Clif Bars, is arriving today. The food has been really yummy though. 
I think it's safe to say I won't be sleeping through yoga this morning :) 
These are pictures of the breakfast buffet, the market and one of the dresses I bought because I have no clothes. 






1 comment: