Monday, August 21, 2017

Trying to settle in and figure out this app

I must say, the whole flying experience was quite pleasant. The couple sitting next to me on their way to Prague were friendly, but not too friendly. Those things in my airline chicken that I feared were maggots were probably just onions. I am reading Jeffery R Allen's latest novel (check out Rails Under my Back if you are in the mood to read one of Delia's favorite novels) and I got a ton of knitting done. Both flights were smooth, even though that 2nd plane was too small for my taste (anything that gets boarded by moving staircase gives me pause).
Then we got the 'bad news' that no luggage made it on the plane. The tracking system is down at the Amsterdam Airport (for just KLM?) and so a shitload of luggage is now missing. Another woman at this retreat is also luggage-less.
But I met my group and we drove back to this lovely retreat center. It's called Terra Nova Wellness Center and we are taking up the whole thing. There is a vegetarian chef (so much for my concern that I would spend the week eating fattening French food) who makes everything from stuff grown in the nearby farm. The food is very good and I hope to show you some pictures. Sorry mom, she just explained that she categorically does not use recipes. She states she cooks 'intuitively,' just like grandma!
There are horses for Equine therapy. I just heard one nearby. There is also a masseuse. I already scheduled a foot massage and a regular massage. at 40euros each, it's one of the few things that seem not as expensive as in the states.
I went into this trip with zero anxiety, and because anxiety is often what fills my mental space, this trip was not filling much mental space. that is probably a good thing because I am attending these writing workshops that are likely not geared towards my kind of writing. I don't feel a lot of attachment to what I get 'done' here. I came here to start my gender deconstruction project. I also brought both my Thailand and my Prague projects with me. Alas, they are both in my luggage, which I just confirmed is awaiting flight from Amsterdam to Toulouse and will hopefully be here tomorrow morning.
Today we did have a field trip to a market and I bought some toiletries and a couple of dresses to hold me over. the very nice women here have been offering me underwear and bathing suits- I will likely not take advantage (I hope I don't have to).





No comments:

Post a Comment